Duration: Half Day (Morning/Afternoon Sessions)
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
How a project management methodology, such as PRINCE2, can be appropriately scaled to fit the size of the project is a challenge for many organisations, and particularly new project managers. During this workshop we will examine a number of approaches to the problem and how to facilitate the final selection of how extensively to apply the method. It comprises of a number of topic introductions, followed by group discussions and exercises.
- The Process Model
- The Scaling Problem
- The Irreducible Minimum
- How small is small?
- Scaling Risk
- Working in the Culture
- Assessing Scale
- Identifying Criteria
- Analysing Projects
- Methods of Scaling
- Using a Matrix
- Employing Checklists
- Reduced Implementations
- Standards and Templates
- Identifying the Way Forward
- Using Decision Trees
- The Role of Consultancy
- Mentoring and Support
- The PRINCE2 Scaling Case Study
- Introducing the Study
- Discussing the Methods
- Formulating the Approach
- Applying in the Real World
- Workshop Conclusions
- Identify Lessons Learned
- Signpost Ways Forward
This course will enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of PRINCE2 tailoring and scaling
- Identify and analyse key project sizing criteria
- Select an appropriate scaling method or methods
- Apply a range of methods in an approach to a given scenario
- Consider implementing a response strategy to tailoring PRINCE2
- Understand the role of consultancy or mentoring in assisting scaling.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone responsible for using PRINCE2 to run a project of any size. Those with PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications would particularly benefit, but a minimum of attendance at an FGI PRINCE2 Overview would be the minimum requirement.
Delegates will receive FGI Scaling PRINCE2 Courseware and a copy of the FGI "Scalability of PRINCE2" white paper.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.