Analysing and Managing Project Risk
Duration: Half Day (Morning/Afternoon Sessions)
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
The alternative to Risk Management is Crisis Management. While it is impossible to eliminate all risk in relation to a project, it is essential to identify the risks facing the project, to evaluate them and to put in place actions to manage these risks. Project risk can manifest itself in all aspects of project work and therefore it is vital that the project risks are captured and analysed in a controlled way, which this workshop seeks to do. This workshop can be run at the beginning of a project and then at key intervals throughout the life of the project to ensure that this exercise is done on an on-going basis. The project management team should be involved in this exercise which will deliver a Project Risk Log (or updates to an existing Log) and agreed countermeasures to be integrated into the project's plans.
- Risk Principles
- What is Risk?
- Why does it need to be managed?
- Process Model
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Board
- Project Manager
- Project Assurance
- Risk Owners
- Risk Analysis
- Identifying Risks
- Evaluating Risks
- Selecting Countermeasures
- Cost of Managing Risk
- Risk Management
- Putting Plans into Action
- Learning Lessons
- Risk in the Project Lifecycle
- Links to Business Case
- Links to Planning
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the concept of risk and the importance of its management
- Understand how to analyse their project environment for risks
- Appreciate the input required from members of the project team in risk analysis and management
- Understand the dependencies between the Business Case, Project Plan and Management of Risk
- Identify the points throughout the project lifecycle that risk analysis and management is necessary.
Who Will Benefit?
Project Managers and project team members who will be involved in risk analysis and management activities throughout the project, as well as Project Board members who will evaluate the risk related to the project, will all benefit from this workshop.
Delegates will receive FGI Analysing and Managing Project Risk courseware, containing a project Case Study.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.