PRINCE2® Project, Planning & Control
Duration: 3 days
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
Introduction to PRINCE2 Project, Planning and Control:
- A look at the project and it's balancing factors, roles and responsibilities.
- The principles of planning.
- Initiating the project.
- Identifying the project products.
- Top-down and bottom-up planning explained.
- Defining risk and understanding the risk categories.
- Appraising risk using the checklist approach.
- Inputs required to assist estimating.
- Methods of estimating with an overview of Function Point Analysis.
Planning Tools and Techniques:
- Using Network Diagrams, Critical Path Analysis and Gantt Charts.
- Applying automated tools.
Scheduling the Project:
- A look at resource considerations and a step by step approach to producing effective schedules.
- Understanding Resource Schedule Histograms.
Monitoring and Controlling the Project:
- The principles of control.
- Control mechanisms.
- Controlling quality and change requests.
- Status reporting.
- Activities required to formally complete and close the project.
- Understand the activities undertaken within project planning and control.
- Awareness of tools and techniques used in project planning and control.
- Awareness of considerations involved within project planning and control.
Who Will Benefit?
Managers and specialist I.T. staff who have, or who will shortly assume, responsibility for the direction of systems development projects.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.