Duration: 1 day
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
The PRINCE2 Overview course is designed to provide you with an introduction to the PRINCE2 structured project management method. No previous experience or training will be required or assumed, and the course will introduce you to the concepts within PRINCE2 and to the PRINCE2 process model. You will be provided with an Overview Delegate Manual at the start of the day. There will be some exercises designed to reinforce the training you will receive.
- Context of Project Management
- Introduction to Processes and Components
- Organisation, Business Case, Plans, Risk, Start-up, Initiation
- Roles and responsibilities
- Configuration Management, Controls, Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery and Stage Boundaries
- Change Control, Quality in a Project Environment
- Closing a Project
- Benefits of PRINCE2
The course will provide you with:
- An appreciation of the extent of PRINCE2 in the context of project management
- An understanding of the structure of PRINCE2
- A familiarity with the language and key concepts of the PRINCE2 method.
Who Will Benefit?
If you are new to projects or need a brief introduction to the principles of PRINCE2 this is the course for you. The day will acquaint you with the PRINCE2 project management method. This may be the limit of PRINCE2 training you will need in order to carry out any project responsibilities if you are, say, part of the Project Support Office. Alternatively it may be the pre-cursor to further training, especially where you are new to project work and wish to progress to a more detailed understanding of PRINCE2. FGI provides this course as part of its public schedule or, alternatively, you may wish to have it presented on an in-house client basis where a number of company employees may receive this training at the same time.
No previous experience of PRINCE2 or project management will be required and there will be no pre-course study to undertake.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.