PRINCE2® in a Day
Duration: 1 day
Prices From: TBA per delegate (excluding VAT)
PRINCE2 in a Day is designed to provide delegates with an overview of project management principles and the PRINCE2 methodology, either to achieve a general understanding or as a preliminary to further training.
The course covers the full scope of managing projects with PRINCE2 and is interactive, with ample opportunity for discussion.
- What is a Project?
- Project Characteristics
- Project Lifecycle
- Project Critical Success Factors
- Common problems
- Key Features of PRINCE2
- Controlled Project Start
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Defining and justifying the project
- Project Planning
- Planning steps
- Project stages
- Management of Risk
- Controlled Project Progress
- Controlled delegation
- Management by exception
- Reporting and communication
- Controlled Project Close
- Gaining acceptance
- Follow-on Actions
- Learning Lessons
- Post-Project Review
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the characteristics of a project and appreciate why projects need to be managed
- Describe the benefits of using PRINCE2 as a project management methodology
- Demonstrate their understanding of the key elements of project management with PRINCE2
- Define the steps involved in planning a project
- Identify risks, issues and changes within a project and how best to manage them
- Determine the applicability of project management to their own work
- Assess their own projects in respect to what they have learnt
Who Will Benefit?
The course is highly suitable for staff requiring a general understanding of how to manage projects with PRINCE2, and serves as an excellent introduction to the UK's de facto standard project management methodology.
It has also proved extremely valuable as a first introduction and preliminary training course for staff going on to further project management training courses but who lack relevant experience of project work.
Delegates will receive FGI PRINCE2 in a Day courseware and the PRINCE2 Pocketbook.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.