PRINCE2® Foundation (2009)
Duration: 3 daysPrice: From £709 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The PRINCE2 Foundation course provides delegates with an introductory understanding of PRINCE2 project management methodology. Working with world class trainers, delegates will learn how to apply the method to projects in their own work environment and to successfully pass their PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
The course covers the full PRINCE2 syllabus and therefore equips delegates not just to take the Foundation examination, but also to understand the broad range of PRINCE2's principles, key themes, processes and techniques. The aim during the course is to achieve an effective balance between exam success and the need for skills transfer.
Delegates are required to undertake preliminary study using FGI's Pre-Course Workbook. Further self-study is also expected during the evenings of each course day.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- What is a Project?
- The Project Environment
- Benefits of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 Principles
- Overview of PRINCE2 Key Themes, Processes and Techniques
- Starting Up a Project Process
- Organisation Theme
- Business Case Theme
- Directing a Project Process
- Initiating a Project Process
- Plans Theme and the Product-Based Planning Technique
- Management of Risk Theme
- Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery and Managing a Stage Boundary Processes
- Progress Theme
- Change Theme
- Quality Theme and Quality Review Technique
- Closing a Project Process
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the characteristics of a project and appreciate why projects need to be managed
- Describe the benefits of using PRINCE2 as a project management methodology
- Demonstrate their knowledge understanding of the elements of PRINCE2
- Assess their own projects in respect to what they have learnt
- Return to their own projects and apply the concepts and techniques learnt
Who Will Benefit?
Some previous experience in a project environment is advisable. This might mean delegates are already managing projects and now require formal PRINCE2 training, or that they are perhaps involved in some form of project support activity.
Delegates can sit the PRINCE2 Foundation examination at the end of the final day of the course. This is a one-hour, multiple-choice, closed book examination testing the delegate's knowledge of PRINCE2 theory. Delegates need to score 50% or more, to pass.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.