Duration: 3 daysPrice: From £749 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The objectives of the course are to give the delegate a broad understanding of the 'Managing Successful Programmes' (MSP) philosophy, and how it can be used to manage programmes effectively. This course is delivered using the latest fourth edition (2011) of the MSP manual and syllabus.
The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions. This course takes place over three days. The Foundation exam is taken during the afternoon of day three.
Some evening consolidation and preparation work is required in order to gain maximum benefit from the course. Residential attendance is recommended.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction and Programme Management Principles
- Governance Themes
- Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Management
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
This course will enable participants to:
- Define a programme and how a strategy or vision can be broken down into individual projects
- Identify barriers to running a successful programme and actions to overcome these barriers
- Review the Lifecycle of a programme and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in programmes
- Understand how to build capabilities, which transition into outcomes that realise benefits for the organisation
- Discuss and understand the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) approach, building on the delegate’s own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- Discuss how MSP could be applied in real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment
- Gain respected Programme Management qualifications
Who Will Benefit?
The course is recommended for managers who have recently been given a programme role, for programme support staff, for specialists contributing to a programme, and for senior executives directing a programme.
Delegates can sit the MSP Foundation examination at the end of the third day of the course. This is a one hour, 70 question multiple-choice (although there are also an additional 5 trial questions on each paper), closed book examination testing the delegate's knowledge of MSP theory. You will need to achieve a score of at least 35 correct answers (50%) to pass.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack, the Cabinet Office publication 'Managing Successful Programmes' and detailed course slides and notes. In addition, delegates will work through case study based exercises to prepare them for the MSP Foundation exam.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.