ITIL® Supplier Management
Duration: 3 daysPrice: £945 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Supplier Management course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in identification, selection, contracting, monitoring, reporting, and managing of suppliers.
It is an interactive course, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ISEB Specialist Certificate in Supplier Management worth 1.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
The course is inclusive of examinations, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Introduction to ITSM and Supplier Management
- History and Context of ITSM
- Good Practice and Frameworks: ITIL, COBIT, ISO20000
- Goals and Objectives
- Key Roles and Functions
- Supplier Management Process
- Supplier Management Concepts and Principles
- ITIL and Supplier Management
- Supplier Management Process
- ISO20000 and Supplier Management
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Supplier Management Roles and Responsibilities
- SFIA and Supplier Management
- ITIL and Supplier Management Roles
- Control, Measurement and Reporting Activities
- COBIT and Supplier Management
- Analysis of supplier performance statistics and trends
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Planning, Improvement and Implementation
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the goals, objectives, process, functions and roles related to Supplier Management;
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines;
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Supplier Management;
- Understand the different supplier categories and use and apply the Supplier Management process to manage interfaces between the business and the supplier(s);
- Define Supplier Management requirements and understand, select, develop and implement the most appropriate Supplier Management solutions, technology and environment;
Manage suppliers through all stages of the supplier lifecycle;
- Be aware of selection and negotiation techniques with regards to invitation to tender and contract approval;
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available;
- Produce Supplier Management reports and use these to manage suppliers and their performance;
- Understand the interdependencies between Supplier Management and other IT areas and processes;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Supplier Management.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those working or preparing to work in a Supplier Management role and/or within a Supplier Management process whether at a technical, operational, supervisory or managerial level.
This course may also be of interest to Project Managers, Business Managers and Business Process Owners.
Individuals requiring a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Supplier Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation will also find this course beneficial.
It will also be of interest to IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Supplier Management within an on-going Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
- 25 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions, closed book
- 90 minutes
- 16 out of 25 (64%) pass mark
Delegates must hold the ITIL Service Management Foundation certificate and should ideally have at least two years' experience in IT Service Management.
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITSM Specialist Certificate in Supplier Management courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.