ITIL® Problem Management
Duration: 3 daysPrice: £945 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Problem Management course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in operating, monitoring, reporting, implementing, planning and improving the management of problems.
It is an interactive course, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. There is approximately 21 hours of pre-course study which is required in preparation for this course. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ISEB Specialist Certificate in Problem Management worth 1.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
The course is inclusive of examinations, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Introduction to ITSM and Problem Management
- History and Context of ITSM
- Good Practice and Frameworks: ITIL, COBIT, ISO20000
- Goals and Objectives
- Key Roles and Functions
- Problem Management Process
- Problem Management Concepts and Principles
- ITIL and Problem Management
- Problem Management Process
- ISO20000 and Problem Management
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Problem Management Roles and Responsibilities
- SFIA and Problem Management
- ITIL and Problem Management Roles
- Control, Measurement and Reporting Activities
- COBIT and Problem Management
- Analysis of problems, incidents, statistics and trends
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Planning, Improvement and Implementation
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the goals, objectives, process, functions and roles related to Problem Management;
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines;
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Problem Management;
- Use and apply the Problem Management process to manage the resolution of problems;
- Develop and agree problem and incident categories and priorities with the relevant stakeholders;
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available;
- Produce and analyse problem and incident records, reports and statistics;
- Understand the interdependencies between Problem Management and other IT areas and processes;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Problem Management.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those working or preparing to work in a Problem Management role and/or within a Problem Management process whether at a technical, operational, supervisory or managerial level.
This course may also be of interest to Project Managers, Business Managers and Business Process Owners.
Individuals requiring a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Problem Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation will also find this course beneficial.
It will also be of interest to IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Problem Management within an on-going Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
- 25 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions, closed book
- 90 minutes
- 16 out of 25 (64%) pass mark
Delegates must hold the ITIL Service Management Foundation certificate and should ideally have at least two years' experience in IT Service Management.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack. Delegates will also receive a copy of FGI's ITSM Specialist Certificate in Problem Management courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.