ITIL® Change Management
Duration: 3 daysPrice: £945 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Change Management course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience, of using industry best practice involved in the prioritising and assessing of changes, authorising changes, managing the building, testing and implementation of changes, reviewing changes and the planning and implementation of the change process.
It is an interactive course, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. There is approximately 10 hours of pre-course study which is required in preparation for this course. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ISEB Specialist Certificate in Change Management worth 1.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
The course is inclusive of examinations, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Introduction to ITSM and Change Management
- History and Context of ITSM
- Good Practice and Frameworks: ITIL, COBIT, ISO20000
- Goals and Objectives
- Key Roles and Functions
- Change Management Process
- Change Management Concepts and Principles
- ITIL and Change Management
- Change Management Process
- ISO20000 and Change Management
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Change Management Roles and Responsibilities
- SFIA and Change Management
- ITIL and Change Management Roles
- Control, Measurement and Reporting Activities
- COBIT and Change Management
- Analysis of changes, failed changes, delayed changes statistics and trends
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Planning, Improvement and Implementation
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the goals, objectives, process and roles of Change Management;
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to Change Management;
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Change Management;
- Prioritise and assess the impact of proposed changes;
- Assess and manage the risk, benefit and cost of proposed changes;
- Manage changes through their lifecycle;
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available;
- Analyse and produce change records, reports and statistics;
- Understand the interdependencies between Change Management and other IT areas and processes;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Change Management.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those working or preparing to work in a Change Management role and/or within a Change Management process whether at a technical, operational, supervisory or managerial level.
This course may also be of interest to Project Managers, Business Managers and Business Process Owners.
Individuals requiring a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Change Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation will also find this course beneficial.
It will also be of interest to IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Change Management within an on-going Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
- 25 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions, closed book
- 90 minutes
- 16 out of 25 (64%) pass mark
Delegates must hold the ITIL Service Management Foundation certificate and should ideally have at least two years' experience in IT Service Management.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack and detailed course slides and notes. Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITSM Specialist Certificate in Change Management courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.