ITIL® Business Relationship Management
Duration: 3 daysPrice: £945 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Business Relationship Management course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in operating, monitoring, reporting, implementing, planning and improving Business Relationship Management.
It is an interactive course, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. There is approximately 10 hours of pre-course study which is required in preparation for this course. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ISEB Specialist Certificate in Business Relationship Management worth 1.5 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
The course is inclusive of examinations, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Introduction to ITSM and Business Relationship Management
- History and Context of ITSM
- Good Practice and Frameworks: ITIL, COBIT, ISO20000
- Goals and Objectives
- Key Roles and Functions
- Business Relationship Management Process
- Business Relationship Management Concepts and Principles
- ITIL and Business Relationship Management
- Business Relationship Management Process
- ISO20000 and Business Relationship Management
- Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Business Relationship Management Roles and Responsibilities
- SFIA and Business Relationship Management
- ITIL and Business Relationship Management Roles
- Control, Measurement and Reporting Activities
- COBIT and Business Relationship Management
- Analysis of reports, statistics and trends
- Interfaces and Dependencies
- Planning, Improvement and Implementation
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the goals, objectives, process, functions and roles related to Business Relationship Management;
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice frameworks and guidelines, relevant to BRM;
- Develop and improve the internal, customer and business focus of BRM;
- Define the value of IT to the business, the business value chain and the value network;
- Implement and manage the processes for managing the provision of service, implementation of new services and service reporting through all stages of the service lifecycle;
- Develop relationships with customers and business managers and agree the approach to business/IT alignment in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders;
- Use and apply the Demand Management process to define future customer and business needs;
- Assist with the production of business cases;
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available;
- Be able to produce and analyse BRM reports and statistics;
- Produce BRM reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents;
- Understand the interdependencies between Business Relationship Management and other IT areas and processes;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Business Relationship Management.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those working or preparing to work in a Business Relationship Management role and/or within a Business Relationship Management process whether at a technical, operational, supervisory or managerial level.
This course may also be of interest to Project Managers, Business Managers and Business Process Owners.
Individuals requiring a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Business Relationship Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation will also find this course beneficial.
It will also be of interest to IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Business Relationship Management within an on-going Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
- 25 scenario-based, multiple-choice questions, closed book
- 90 minutes
- 16 out of 25 (64%) pass mark
Delegates must hold the ITIL Service Management Foundation certificate and should ideally have at least two years' experience in IT Service Management.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack and detailed course slides and notes. Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITSM Specialist Certificate in Business Relationship Management courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.