ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle
Duration: 5 days
The ITIL Managing across the Lifecycle Expert Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that lead to the ITIL SM Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this course is to impart and test knowledge across the contents of the ITIL core books; focusing on business, management and supervisory objectives, purpose, processes, functions and activities, as well as on the interfaces and interactions between the processes addressed in the five core ITIL books. The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. There is approximately 21 hours of pre-course study which is required in preparation for this course. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Expert examination in Managing across the Lifecycle worth 5 credits¹.
The course is inclusive ofcourseware, examinations, refreshments, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
1. Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues
- Lifecycle Positioning and Transition
- Relationship between Business and IT
2. Management of Strategic Change
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
- Business Benefits
- Planning and Defining Scope
- Resource Planning
- Budgeting and Costing
- Quality Control
- Strategic Influencing
- Customer Liaison
- Project Termination
3. Risk Management
- Challenges, CSFs, Risks
- Risk Identification
- Risk Evaluation
- Corrective Actions
- Risk Control
- Transfer of Risks
- Service Provider Risks
- Contract Risks
- Design Risks
- Operational Risks
- Market Risks
4. Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management
- Activities during Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Controlling and Evaluating
- Organisational Form and Design
- Policy Resistance
5. Understanding Organisational Challenges
- Addressing Maturity Challenges
- Strategy Generation – Value Creation
- Addressing Organisational Structure and Transition
- Addressing Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Information
- Addressing Governance
- Addressing Balance in Service Operations
6. Service Assessment
- Value of Measuring
- Value of Monitoring
- Value of Benchmarking
- Service Portfolio Assessment across the Lifecycle
- Business Perspective Improvement Model
- Value of Following CMM
7. Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance and Tool Strategies
This course will enable participants to:
- Appreciate and analyse IT Service Management business and managerial issues;
- Manage the planning and implementation of IT Service Management;
- Manage strategic change;
- Carry out Risk Management;
- Understand managerial functions;
- Understand organisational challenges;
- Conduct lifecycle project assessment; and
- Understand complementary industry guidance and tool strategies.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at individuals who require a business and management-level understanding of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. The course will also be of benefit to individuals seeking to attain the ITIL SM Expert in IT Service Management and who wish to obtain this qualification as final mandatory modules leading to this SM Expert. This course and success in the associated examination is also a prerequisite for any individuals wishing to study for the ITIL Advanced SM Expert in IT Service Management.
- Ten complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring), closed book
- 2 hours
- 65% pass mark, 75% distinction mark
Candidates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (2 credits) and have obtained a minimum of a further 15 credits (so a total of at least 17 credits) through formal ITIL Lifecycle or Capability stream qualifications. Documentary evidence of this level of certification will be required before admission to the ITIL SM Expert Managing across the Lifecycle examination is granted.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack and detailed course slides and notes. Delegates will also receive a copy of FGI's ITIL Expert Managing across the Lifecycle courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.
¹ Certain conditions apply – ask your Account Manager for details.