ITIL® Service Transition
Duration: 3 daysPrice: From £875 per delegate (excluding VAT)
The ITIL Service Transition Intermediate Certificate forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Transition processes and roles.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments & lunch, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Transition lifecycle phase.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL Intermediate examination in Service Transition worth 3 credits.
- Introduction to Service Transition:
- Purpose, Goals and Objectives
- Scope of Service Transition
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- Service Transition and Business Value
- Service Transition Principles:
- Key Policies
- Optimising Service Transition
- Inputs and Outputs
- Service Transition Processes:
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Manging People Through Service Transition:
- Managing Communications and Commitment
- Managing Organisational and Stakeholder Change
- Stakeholder Management
- Organising Service Transition:
- Organisational Development
- Technical and Application Management Role
- Organisational Context
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Relationship with other Lifecycle Phases
- Service Transition Technology Considerations
- Implementation and Improvement of Service Transition
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Transition in the overall context of Service Management
- Understand Service Transition Principles and Processes
- Manage people through Service Transitions
- Organise Service Transition effectively
- Recognise Service Transition technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement and improve Service Transition; and
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Transition.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications. It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring), closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL (v2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Delegates will receive a copy of FGI's ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.