Change Management FAQs
1) What is Change Management? Top
2) How can I train for the Change Management examinations?
3) Are there any pre-requisites for the Change Management examinations?
4) What are the main publications for Change Management and where can I purchase them?
5) Which languages are Change Management examinations available in?
6) Which languages is the ‘Making Sense of Change Management’ publication available in?
7) How long will it take to learn the Change Management material?
8) What is the structure of the Change Management examinations?
9) How long are the Change Management qualifications valid for?
10) When can I expect the results of my Change Management examinations?
11) When will I receive my certificate?
12) What are the pass marks for the Change Management examinations?
13) How can I advertise myself as Change Management qualified on my business card?
14) Can I use the Change Management logo?
The Change Management qualification deals with the effects and management of change and, more importantly, the impact change can have on all organisations. Working with Esther Cameron and Mike Green and building on the concepts in their book Making Sense of Change Management, the APMG have developed a qualification to help organisations and their people come to terms with these issues.
The qualification has a Foundation and Practitioner levels which are based on four modules, dealing with the theories of how change impacts on and is affected by:
- The Individual
- The Team
- The Organisation
- The Change Leader
You can become certified in Change Management through completing the learning around these and the Foundation and Practitioner exams. For the practitioner level, the book is supplemented with information from the People Alchemy website, an online directory for best practice thinking on a variety of management disciplines.
FGI are fully accredited and provide both the Foundation and Practitioner courses. Click here for more information.
There are no pre-requisites for the foundation examination. However, candidates must achieve a pass at foundation level before completing the practitioner examination.
APMG-International’s Change Management qualification are based on the ‘Making Sense of Change Management: 2nd Edition’ publication.
FGI provides this manual as part of the course fee unless advised otherwise by the delegate.
Change Management examinations are currently only available in English. Polish translations are underway, and further translations are likely to follow based on demand.
The “Making Sense of Change Management” book is currently available in English. A Polish translation is underway, and further translations are likely to follow based on demand.
FGI's Foundation courses are delivered over 3 days, whilst combined foundation and practitioner courses are delivered over 5 days.
Summaries of the structure of the Change Management foundation and practitioner examinations are as follows:
- 1 hour multiple choice
- Closed book
- Four sections, total of 60 questions
- 15 questions per section
- Candidate must score 30 out of 60 to pass.
- 3 hour OTE format examination
- Restricted open book - manual and candidate handbook only
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- Candidate must score 40 out of 80 to pass.
The foundation examination is not valid for a defined period and will not expire. Candidates who pass the practitioner exam are recognized as a “Change Management Registered Practitioner”. Individuals will remain registered for a period of 5 years. To maintain the registered status, practitioners must complete and pass a Change Management re-registration examination 3-5 years following their initial/previous practitioner certification.
Change Management foundation provisional results are given on the day by the trainer and these are then checked and confirmed by APMG. This takes approximately 3 weeks.* The practitioners results are emailed to delegates apprioximately 3 - 5 weeks after sitting the exam.*
For both the foundation and practitioner, certificates will be sent on average 3 weeks after the exam results have been released.*
Pass marks for the Change Management examinations are as follows:
Foundation: You will need to score 30/60 to pass the foundation exam.
Practitioner: You will need to score 40/80 to pass the practitioner exam.
Candidates who have passed the Change Management Practitioner examination can put “Change Management Practitioner” on their business cards.
*Please note that these are average time scales and are only offered as a guide as they are subject to change.